That's the one thing we're lacking where we live -- a good bagel place. We have The Great Canadian Bagel but it's just not the same as a good fresh Montreal style bagel. Steve's parents bring us fresh bagels often from St. Urbain since it's close to their house. Mmmmm. Sometimes they're still warm when they get here. Double yummy!
I went to a movie with the girls last night. It was the first time in months that I had been out with the girls and can you believe eight of us were actually free on the same night?! We went to see The Proposal (with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds), a good movie to see with the girls. It had quite a few funny parts.
I won't ruin the movie for you but one scene had It Takes Two by Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock....a cute scene. Now I can't get the damn song out of my head! I guess it doesn't help that I know EVERY.SINGLE.WORD. to the song.
I wanna rock right now
I'm Rob Base and I came to get down
I'm not internationally known
But I'm known to rock the microphone
My Wisteria girls and I had a great time. Wisteria Girls....that's what my neighbours friends call us, our street. I always think of our street like the opening to Leave It To Beaver where everyone pulls in and out of the driveway at the same time with the theme song whistling in the background. Or the Truman Show.
We headed over to Demetre after the movie for dessert and I ordered NOTHING! Can you believe it? Nothing! The room was filled with the warm delicious smell of vanilla and I had nothing because I filled up on popcorn and diet coke.
Anyway, I better finish up my coffee. I had all these plans to clean and organize the house (eventually, Oprah ...eventually when exactly, I don't know, but if I think about it, it will come...or I keep telling myself that) and maybe mow the lawn, but Lucas announced this morning that his shoes are too small. Oh, yeah for me. I get to search for boys shoes which always seems like a chore to do in this neck of the woods. You think a family friendly community would have at least ONE kids shoe store but no. That would just be way to convenient. Wally-Mart just ain't cuttin' it these days.
One last sip and then I have to pick my ass up off this chair. I'm just feeling so tired and lazy today. I guess this is why girls nights out only happen once in a blue moon.
2 comments:
I am so jealous...I think the average age of our neighborhood is...ummm...85...sigh...
We definitely picked a fun street to live on! We even have a street party every year.
Post a Comment