Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The T Dot

We went downtown this past weekend to St. Lawrence Hall for my friend's son's Annaprashan. I was so excited and and felt very honoured to wear a sari during the event-- a sari that once belonged to my friend's mother, a mother who was like a second mom to me. Sadly, she passed away suddenly on March 8th of this year. Even though she was dearly missed, the day was very enjoyable. I love learning about culture and getting to experience it first hand -- one of the bonuses of living in a multicultural society.



After the event Steve, Lucas, Isabella, my mom and I walked around the St. Lawrence Market area -- one of my favourite areas in Toronto. I always wish I could have lived downtown for a bit before we moved out to the burbs and had kids. It really is a happening place with lots to see and do.

Some pictures from our walk...

For those of you that don't know Toronto, these two office towers are called BCE Place (you can also see the CN Tower behind the building on the left). Though not as big, many consider these buildings the Twin Towers of Toronto -- if these two buildings went down, it would definitely make a noticeable difference to the downtown skyline and put a halt to the downtown core. The lower redish brick building in the middle of the picture is the Flatiron Building (aka the Gooderham Building). Standing at that interstection with all the people bustling around you really gets you into the downtown vibe. It just makes you feel lively inside.



2 comments:

sheba said...

great photos. you look beautiful in a sari! who tied it for you?

Paula said...

Runa's Aunt tied it...if only I could remember how to do it.