Thursday, June 18, 2009

Drained

I'm laying in bed right now, trying to rest my tired mind and weary body. I can barely move a muscle. My body feels like dead weight.

I hear Lucas downstairs banging something. Now I hear his little feet pounding on the ground, climbing up the stairs. The door to my room swings open.

"Momma", he says, "can I play outside?"

"Honey, It's eight o'clock. It's almost bedtime."

"I just want to go outside and play for a little bit. Can we?"

I'm tired, so tired right down to my aching bones. I can't even fathom getting out of this bed and moving my exhausted body, but I will. I will because my son needs me. I will do anything for my family regardless of how tired and weak I am.

And while he's having a meltdown on the floor as I type, my body is feeling even more drained. I'm mustering up every last bit of energy I have to console his sadness -- sad because the day is almost over, it's eight o'clock, time for little boys to go to bed, not outside time.

The sun will rise again tomorrow, my sweet child.

No comments: