Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The wedding is off



Last Sunday we went to Adams Park for a picnic/BBQ with our friends Jake and Kelly, their kids Ella and Jack, and a few of their family members.

Ella was born a year and a half before Lucas but the minute he laid eyes on her, it was love at first sight. If you were to ask him if he had a girlfriend, with no hesitation he would clearly say Ella. That was until yesterday. We were sitting in McDonald's (our weekly meal before soccer) when Lucas made the announcement...

Lucas: I'm done with marrying Ella. I'm going to marry my sister.

Steve: You can't marry your sister. She's related to you.

Lucas: But I want to marry my sister because she's nice.

At the end of the BBQ, Ella and her cousin were playing catch together. Lucas had tagged along with Ella all day and Ella just wanted it to be the girls playing catch. Lucas got a bit upset at the fact that Ella didn't want him around.

And that was the moment they broke up.

I'll admit it, I was kind of sad when the announcement came. For five years, there has only been one girl for Lucas and now it's over. Hopefully it will be a short break-up because I was looking forward to having Ella as my daughter-in-law.

1 comment:

Living Day to Day with Multiple Sclerosis said...

Oh How Sweet!!! I remember when my daughter was going to marry her Dad and my Son was going to marry me!!! And Then.....PUBERTY hit and they decided to move on to the outside world. Sometimes I really miss being the most important one in their life.