

Yesterday, we went to the Stingray Bay Exhibit at the Toronto Zoo.
It reminded me of the time Steve and I went to Cuba back in 1999. I was wading in the ocean when I noticed a black object slowly moving below the water not far from where I was. While I'm thinking it's probably just some piece of seaweed bobbing along, others start noticing it too. Not a moment later the buzz in the water turns into "Is it a shark?". Then we can finally see the outline of what appears to be a stingray and we were all like "Oh, thank goodness, it's only a stingray". Um, ya, only. Wasn't that how The Crocodile Hunter lost his life?
Anyway, as I pushed the thought of someone becoming the next Crocodile Hunter out of my mind, we watched these oddly shaped creatures gliding around, lifting up their sides almost as if to wave, that is until two butted heads right in front of us splashing us and our mouths with a good dose of salt water and who knows what else.
I wonder if yesterday will be one of those days that becomes one of Luke's fond childhood memories? I can just hear him the next time he eats a salt and vinegar chip, "Remember the time we saw the stingrays?".
Good times!
1 comment:
i love living vicariously through luke! he is having the best summer! we saw a bunch of 'rays' in jamaica...apparently most of them don't 'sting'!
Post a Comment