Friday, February 19, 2010

Project 52 [week 7]

I remember back in public school in 1988 when Calgary hosted the Winter Olympics. One of our school Olympic activities was to make the Olympic rings out of hula hoops wrapped in streamers. The teachers hung them throughout the school. It looked amazing! I also remember getting a taper candle with a red cup attached to it (from the gas station I think) -- a mini Olympic torch. It stayed in my memory box for many years. I wonder if it's still there? The rush of energy the Olympics brought back then was so strong. That same rush of energy is in the air today as Vancouver hosts the 2010 Winter Olympics, only this time it's golden!

Here are a few pictures I took of my TV during the first week of the Olympics...

[Team Canada at the opening ceremonies]






[Canada's first gold on Canadian soil]



1 comment:

Faiza said...

Golden! Golden! and Golden!
Go Canada Go!