Thursday, February 4, 2010

Get Organized: Laundry Room

This is what my laundry room counter looks like on a daily basis -- mounds and mounds of clothes and stuff that just seems to get higher as the week goes on.


And while I'd love to say I'm on top of the folding, I'm not (as you can see). I figure the clothes are going to end up back in the laundry room anyway, a mind-set I need to break. There are just so many other things I would rather be doing than folding and putting away laundry.

My goal this year is to try to get this house organized. It's always on my to-do list and while I do bits here and there to try to get organized, I really want to kick it into high gear. I started awhile back -- first with adding upper cabinets and then with a few little purchases here and there along with this Bygel bar with hanging baskets (sold separately) both from Ikea. I thought it would be a great place to store pens, markers, a pad of paper and all my camera and computer cords that end up sprawled all over the counter in a tangled mess. I finally got a chance to put it up today!

[before the upper cabinets went up]




There is still more organizing to be done in this room like tidying up the inside of the cabinets and maybe adding a self or two above the sink, but we're getting there!

How have you organized your laundry room?

6 comments:

Stacey said...

looks great.

our laundry room has cabinets and counters so i tend to put stuff in the cabinets like soaps and odds and ends. clothes end up in laundry baskets once clean and go up to be folded and put away--something i hate doing too. lol

Hippofatamus said...

Love the laundry room, piles on the counter and all. It beats mine, which just has enough space for the two machines and a laundry basket. I'm now embarassed by the state of mine... I am suddenly thinking about reorganizing it.

orchida said...

First, love what you did. Inspiration!

Your post could not have time at a better time for me. I was just saying to a visiting friend the other day that my laundry room (and my home office) for that matter are my great shame.

I've been moved to action. Thank you.

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

I have not organized my laundry room - that's why you don't see pics of it on my blog ;) Love your countertop. Looks like a great space to get some folding done.

Paula said...

Thanks everyone! And thanks for stopping by :)

SweDaisy said...

Good job, I love the size of your laundry room! wow!
It's the perfect little mud room.

take care,
Lisa