Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Crazy Busy

I thought I better pop in so you don't think I've jumped ship!

The last week has been quite busy. We spent a few days in Montreal visiting Steve's family. We stayed with his cousin who has two kids -- Jack is a year older than Lucas and Kate is a year older than Isabella. The kids had a blast! It was all day entertainment for the kids for three straight days.

The main reason we went to Montreal was for the unveiling of Steve's Bubbi's headstone at the cemetery. There was also an unveiling for his Uncle's headstone. Steve's Bubbi passed away in March 2008 and his Uncle passed away at the beginning this year.

I've been trying to get things ready for the holidays. I'm feeling a bit rushed, as usual. Chanukah is creeping up so fast with it being two weeks before Christmas. I think I've spent, oh, about 1000 hours making my Blurb book this year. OK, maybe not 1000 hours, but it sure seems never ending. I have filled just over 120 pages and still have some of October and a few pictures from November to add. Next year, I am definitely starting the book in January and working month to month. Wasn't that my plan for this year? Well, it's for sure my plan for next year. This is the third year I've been making Blurb books to give to the grandparents as Chanukah/Christmas gifts. Here's sample from last year's Blurb book. I can't believe how many pictures I take. It's crazy. I'm obsessed! I always have to have my camera close by which isn't a bad thing, just a lot of work when it comes time to make the Blurb book.

We have a few Christmas parties to go to so I've been shopping around for something to wear. I'm trying to find a cute top (to wear with a pair of black pants or I can ditch the black pants and find something else), fun accessories and a fantabulous pair of shoes but nothing has jumped out at me yet. I get so tired shopping especially when I can't find what I'm looking for or nothing seems to work. This is the time of year when I need a personal shopper. I can dream!

If anyone has some ideas for some fun holiday attire, send them my way. I'm in need of some inspiration!

4 comments:

sheba said...

i need pics of montreal, please!

i'm in search of a holiday outfit too, a dress specifically. maybe we should go look together. hey, the in-laws are here next week, so you should tag along with us... ;)

can you please motivate me to work on my blurb book???

Rae said...

It does sound like you are meeting yourself coming and going. Busy Busy Busy. Take care of yourself and don't get run down. Hope you have a great holiday season.

SweDaisy said...

I was wondering where you went :0)

I love your blurb book idea. I've seen it in a few other blogs. I definitely want to do this when our Bunny is born. It so much easier than scrapbooking, but still gets so much in.

Take care,
Lisa

Lucky Girl said...

I usually have good luck with Ricki's, Jacob and LeChateau when shopping for dressy tops. The shoes at LeChateau are great this season too - there are a couple pairs I'm crushing on... They're relatively inexpensive so that helps when it's time to bring a pair home :)