So I don't leave you hanging (read here), I have started writing about what my life is like daily living with Multiple Sclerosis. It's still a work in progress. I've decided to write it out in sections -- kind of like, morning, noon and night. I'm not sure if I should post the sections I have written now or wait and post each section in order. So far, I have morning and night done. I would love to write about every little feeling, every little thought but then I would have myself a novel. I don't like to dwell on the negative which is why I don't write about my MS too often but I figure I'll get it out now and maybe I help someone in the process.
I've been living with the symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis since I was 21 years old -- that's 12 long years. Yes, long or it feels that way sometimes. When you live minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, time can go by quite slowly but then you think back and wonder where has the time has gone.
In those 12 years I have learned to take all my symptoms -- all my pain, tingling, numbness -- and push it aside to deal with at another time so I can enjoy my life for as long as I can. I try not to focus on how crappy I'm feeling because , really, who wants to hang out with someone who's complaining all the time? I never want others to feel bad just because I feel bad. Enjoy life! Be happy! Stay strong!
I'm warning you now, you'll probably feel a bit drained after reading my story (so make sure you have some caffeine at hand). I'm sure you'll be wondering how can I be so positive, how am I able to get up each morning knowing what's to come, how do I keep going day after day, how the hell haven't I ripped my hair out, banged my head against a wall and called it a day (because trust me, there are days that I would love to do that but then I realize there's a bottle of wine in the fridge and life is good).
There is a reason I try to stay positive day in and day out. It's fairly simple -- because I have to, because I want to, because who the hell wants to feel like crap all the time.
I'm still a living human being. I have a family who needs me and is there to support me. And I have a voice. I didn't go out and find Multiple Sclerosis, it found me. I feel like I've been given the job and responsibility to teach others and help others understand what Multiple Sclerosis is all about because just like cancer, we need to find a cure for MS.
So, as you read what I go through on a daily basis, I hope you learn something because then I know I'm doing my job and doing it right! Knowing that I've given MS a voice is what helps me stay focused. It's what helps me get through the day. It's what helps me stay positive.
To be continued...
3 comments:
sometimes it's hard for me to remember that you have MS because you are so very positive. you are an inspiration in my life and i know you are in others as well. i am lucky to have you.
let's have some wine or caffeine soon!
I will keep checking back to read more. I understand daily life with MS. I have dealt with the same thing and the issues that accompany it for 15 years. I don't blog about it but it really helps to read how others are coping.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.
Thanks to both of you!
Post a Comment