Friday, April 17, 2009

Smiling a little extra

Yesterday, I decided to walk through Chapters to get to Starbucks (yes, I'm addicted to their Vanilla Latte for those of you who don't yet know).

As I was walking by one of the tables at the front of the store, I noticed the book Absent sitting there. Absent is written by a girl I know of. She knows I have Multiple Sclerosis and knows that I'm very open about it. She had some MS questions so we had chatted a bit by email.

Anyway, I decided I would buy the book eventhough I'm not a big book reader (I'm more into magazines or anything that doesn't involve a long attention span because most parents will agree that doing anything for longer than a few minutes..or sometimes a few seconds...is pretty much impossible with two kids in the house). I was flipping through the book while I was waiting in line and took a double take when I looked at the last page. My name is in the Acknowledgements! I was kind of taken aback. I know I had helped her with the few questions she had (I think there's a character in the book with MS) but I didn't expect to see my name staring back at me in black and white.

I love helping people and it really made my day knowing I had helped someone. The thank you she gave in her email was more than enough but I have to admit seeing your name in print (on a positive note of course) is a pretty awesome feeling!

Sherri Vanderveen has written these two novels:

Belle Falls
http://www.amazon.ca/Belle-Falls-Sherri-Vanderveen/dp/014305113X/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

Absent
http://www.amazon.ca/Absent-Sherri-Vanderveen/dp/014316984X

No comments: