
Yesterday was the MS Walk in our area. Did anyone get a chance to make it out or, if it hasn't happened in your area yet, will you be walking this year?
I'm a little disappointed that we didn't participate this year but it has been a busy few months. Our friend was diagnosed with Leukemia back in October and has been doing rounds of chemo while waiting for a bone marrow match, which was recently found -- YAY! He and his wife have two young children, one of which is Luke's friend, so we've been helping with having him play over here and making dinners to send over. Friends and family held a fundraiser last month to help keep them going. The turnout was phenomenal and the support to help their family has been overwhelmingly wonderful! I've met a lot of great people along the way.
I've had a flare-up going on for the last few weeks and my back hasn't been in great shape either so I'm not sure walking 5k right now would have been the best idea. I've been going to a chiropractor since the beginning of March. It's helping a bit but not as much as I had hoped. I'm going to give it a bit more time and see how it goes.
I'm hoping to bring Team Keep On S'myelin! together again next year. We did a great job last year by raising over $3000!
I am truly thankful for all the support I have.
Here are some pictures from the 2010 MS Walk...
Sheba and I with her family and my hubby





2 comments:
I know I don't know you that well, but I felt proud to see you and all your support at your walk. Great job!
Take care,
Lisa
wow, it's been a year already? that was a fun walk! i'll be right there beside you next year. xo
Post a Comment