Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Springing Into Action

There's something about Spring that gets me giddy. My body feels lifted. I start feeling refreshed. I feel like I have a bit more energy. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Last week I got the itch to bust open my gardening books. I started looking through my magazines dreaming of rich soil, green grass and colourful plants. I bought some flowers for the little desk by the front door to help out with my urge to garden.



Spring cleaning was in full effect!

I cleaned out and organized under the laundry room and kitchen sinks.

[It's amazing how much stuff is really in there once you start to pull it all out]


[that's better!]




I purged and tidied up Luke's closet.



I bought a new organizer for the shower (it's amazing how a $7 bucket from Solutions can change your life!).



While I was at Ikea last week, I bought a basket for the bar I installed in the laundry room last year to help with the countertop clutter.



Things were moving right along. I was getting stuff accomplished! And then, BAM! Today, this happened...



Yes, it snowed even though WINTER IS OFFICIALLY OVER! Cold, wet, icky snow. And it's still snowing!

So, for now I'll drink my tea, get lost in my gardening mags and dream of the gardening days to come!

[my front garden ~ 2010]


How has your first week of Spring been?

4 comments:

Lucky Girl said...

All I can say is that I'm jealous of how little snow the east end has gotten in today's storm. We've easily gotten 8 to 10 inches so far and its still coming down like crazy.

sheba said...

um, you call that snow? please come over and look at the piles and piles and piles we have here. blech. i'm so over winter.

p.s. when are you coming over to do MY garden?

Paula said...

@ Lucky Girl and Sheba - I was surprised at how little snow we got. Thank goodness! I took that picture before most of the snowfall happened so we did get more than you see in the picture (enough to shovel).

@Sheba - I'll gladly help you garden once it warms up!

Faiza said...

thankfully mostly everything seems to have melted away today. hope its the same for you in your neck of the woods!

happy spring!