Friday, October 30, 2009

Multiple Sclerosis In Style

I'm still not feeling all that great but I'm chugging along and keeping upbeat!

The left side of my face (from my forehead to my chin, down my neck and even into my ear), down the inside of my left arm from my shoulder to my pinky and all along the left side of my torso, wrapping around my left rib cage feels like I've been injected with some kind of freezing agent like Novacaine. I don't remember having this feeling in my ear before. It's a bit weird. The feeling also wraps around my left eye but it's not impairing my vision thank goodness.

My whole body feels worse when I'm sitting still. I guess because when I'm moving, I'm busy and therefore don't have time to think about it. It's hard to stay busy when you don't have the energy in the first place. The whole episode is quite draining. The perfect excuse to veg out!

I spent a short while yesterday having some me time. I picked up this necklace at H&M for under $6!



And these boots from Sears were on sale for 40% off -- a perfectly flat, yet stylish, mom-friendly boot!



Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

sheba said...

great finds! sorry you're feeling so crappy. grrr to ms! :(

:: Cindy Chick Designs :: said...

Lovin' the bits you've bought. I can totally sympathise with the numbness, that's EXACTLY what I get on the right side of my body (and sometimes the left). They tell me it's my thyroid but I am not so convinced any more... x

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well! :( Good for you for treating yourself to a little something nice. That necklace is beautiful, and I'm loving the flat boots, too! I recently purchased my first pair of flat boots (I think I'm going to take them out for a stroll tomorrow) b/c I decided I should probably have some "sensible" shoes as I'm getting toward the end of my pregnancy. I'm still adjusting to the thought of flats, but you wear them well!

Paula said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by!

G+D - I wore heals until the day I had my son and then some. Then I came to realize that running in heals is dangerous. I miss my heals. MS doesn't help in that department either. Oh well, at least there are some cute flats out there these days!