Thursday, August 27, 2009
We All Scream For Ice Cream!
After an afternoon of swimming at one of our local community centres, Lucas and I made a detour on our way home and stopped for an ice cream. This was our second time going to the The Village Ice Cream Shoppe in Pickering Village, one of my favourite little spots around here.
This time, Lucas picked Banana (instead of Triple Tornado or Cotton Candy, I was shocked) and I picked Moose Tracks. YUM!
The Village Ice Cream Shoppe is stocked with Kawartha Dairy ice cream which I love. Kawartha Dairy reminds me of my childhood. Every summer for five years or so my family would drive to a cottage in Bancroft (about 3 hours north east of Toronto) and stop at Kawartha Dairy for ice cream on the way. The scoops were massive and almost impossible to finish -- yes, almost. I remember enjoying Maple Walnut as a kid. Forget bubble gum or cotton candy, this girl was being a true Canadian and divulging in one of Canada's best treats, the good ol' taste of maple syrup!
Eight years ago, Steve and I stopped off at Kawartha Dairy on our way to our honeymoon destination (Bear Trails Couples Resort in Algonquin Park which I'll talk about more at another time) mainly so I could reminisce but also to enjoy a tasty treat. While they had renovated the store, the ice cream was still as good as I remembered it and the scoops were just as big too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment