I have to say that I'm really liking the semi-private swimming lessons over going to the community centre ones. I used to think they were highly overrated and way too expensive but add me to the convert list. I highly recommend them.
While I miss hearing the gossip from the two moms who talk about choosing paint colours for their house, kids destroying their fence, how busy they are at work, how house hunting is going (wonder if they ever found one), how their husbands can't do anything right, yadda, yadda, yadda, I won't miss watching Lucas all twisted up in a pool noodle floating like a buoy from one end of the pool to the other. This, is not what I call swimming.
Today was Luke's third semi-private swim class. I guess it's true what they say about the third time being a charm because he actually swam on his own tonight. No pool noodle, no teacher holding an arm under his back, no water wings. Just Luke verses the pool. I wanted to jump up and down, wave a flag, toot a horn, send in the cheerleaders. My sweet boy finally did it! It was only about four or five feet and in the shallow end but who cares...HE DID IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment