Monday, September 5, 2011

Much Love Monday

It's Labour Day Monday! And, it's actually quiet in the house. S took the kids with another family to a park, so I've opened the windows to let the breeze in, plopped myself on the couch and I'm catching up on some emails and blogs.

Since it is Monday, I thought I'd add some much love!

These little dudes have been visiting all weekend. I guess they've found a spa vacation right in our own backyard.


We had our annual street party on Saturday.


My friend brought over these super cute pink lemonade cupcakes -- YUM!


Lucas and his friends had a candy stand at the street party with one of my favourite candies -- sour keys! I've been devouring these sugar delights all afternoon.



Speaking of leftovers from the street party, I used some veggies leftover from a veggie tray and some of the grilled chicken from the meat platter to make an oh how I missed thee stir fry. This used to be one of my favourite meals growing up at my parents house with white rice and doused (ok, maybe sprinkled) with soya sauce. I'm salivating over here. Is it dinner time yet?!


What was your favourite meal growing up that your parents used to make?

Hope you're enjoying your Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post and the pictures! Sour keys are my downfall as well ;)

Your mention of the street party brought me back to childhood when our neighbourhood used to celebrate back to school with a block party ... now that I have my own kids heading back to school tomorrow, I understand why all the parents were SO FESTIVE, haha.

Jessica said...

Those cupcakes are adorable!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

It is nice to enjoy your Labor Day! I was bored:) Your pics are great, I especially like the cupcakes!