Friday, February 25, 2011

My Date With Mr. MRI



I mentioned in another post how I had a date with Mr. MRI. Well, the date has come and gone. Now for the deets as I'm sure you've all been anxiously waiting...

Multiple Sclerosis has always been just a another bump in the road of life for me, but I'll admit it, some days aren't as sunny as others.

In December I had my regular check-up with my neurologist where it was suggested I get an MRI done of my lower back as I've been having a lot of intense lower back pain lately. I had the MRI done last Wednesday night and received the results less than a week later (holy fast batman!) by way of a phone call from my doctor.

My doctor said the showings are all part of having MS but after getting the report by fax all I seem to be focusing on are the words...moderate degenerative disc and facet disease, minimal retrolisthesis, small disc bulge with spondylolisthesis, common bile duct seems somewhat prominent given the age of the patient, prominent distal CBD. Ultrasound is recommend for further evaluation.

Even with it saying moderate, minimal and small at the beginning of the findings, what does any sane person do? Check Google of course (should have taken my own advice not to do that)! Now I have proof when I say I feel like a 35 year old trapped in an 80 year old's body.

I noticed in the report that it mentioned an ultrasound be done because of something to do with my Common Bile Duct that they couldn't quite see on the MRI. Since my back pain has become consistent these days rather than coming and going, I have an ultrasound booked for this coming Tuesday.

Today's a new day....onwards and upwards!

1 comment:

An Ounce of Luck said...

Sorry to hear about your back pain =(
Can the docs suggest anything now to help alleviate it at all??