Tuesday, September 6, 2011

S Is For School

The start of another school year has arrived -- the beginning of Kindergarten for Bella and Grade 2 for Luke. Isabella can't wait to go to big school but I can tell she is a wee bit nervous, and I think a little thankful, that she doesn't start until tomorrow. Luke, on the other hand, is super excited to get the ball rollin'!


It was mighty chilly this morning. I swear I could hear our teeth a chatterin' and our knees a knockin' as we walked along the sidewalk. I think Luke was too focused on the thrill of getting to school that he didn't care.

The bus rolled up and Luke and his friends boarded their big yellow ride. He gave me a huge two thumbs up when he and his friends found an empty seat at the very back of the bus. I think it made him feel like he wasn't the youngest kid on the bus anymore.

If you listen closely, you can hear him saying,
"enough with the camera already, mom!"


Sniff, my baby is growing up fast!

I can't wait to hear how his first day went. He's also excited to be in a Gr. 2/3 split so he can hang out learn with the "older kids". I wasn't too sure how I felt about the split when I found out about it, but now I'm thinking bonus! The Grade 3's have been speaking French for a whole year more so hopefully their skills will rub him the right way.

After dropping Lucas off at the bus, Bella and I headed over to the library to get some much needed books. I'm no longer counting the times Bella and I have read Sleeping Beauty or a Barbie book together but how many times we don't read them. I know repetition can be a great thing but if the books somehow play their own little game of hide n' seek, let's hope someone doesn't win in the seek part.


This stack of books should keep us busy for awhile!

Is today the start of a new school year in your house? How did it go?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great start for your boy! Good luck to your little one tomorrow :)

Today was the first day back for us, too. Grade 1 for my twin girls. Add in a brand new school and they were a little nervous but really excited to be back.

Paula said...

@Jen As Herself ~ Thanks for stopping by! Glad to hear your girls had a great first day!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

We all headed back to school last week. The boys were super excited, and I was quite keen to get into a routine again. But WOW! Am I ever tired, less than two weeks into the school year!