Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Oh Alvine Kottar Ikea curtains, where art thou?

I finally found the perfect curtains for our master bedroom, or so I thought.

I got my happy dance on and was all ready to jump in the car and drive to Ikea with my start the car commercial excitement, the windows wide open and my woot woot holla'rin. I felt like that girl from the Ikea sales commercial:



then I find out...

IKEA HAS DISCONTINED THEM!

If anyone knows where I can find four Alvine Kottar curtain panels or if you have seen similar ones somewhere I'll dance and sing and shower you with joy. Um, ok, maybe my dancing and singing might take away from the joy part but I would be very grateful and thank you very much!

[Alvine Kottar curtains from Ikea]



6 comments:

Jessica said...

Did you try Ebay or Amazon? They may have some of the discontinued Ikea curtains!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I wish we had an IKEA in Victoria... Sigh...

Alexis said...

know its a little delayed, but i have 2 pairs of those curtains i am about to put on ebay, let me know if you are interested!

Paula said...

Hi Alexis! Thanks for visiting. I tried contacting you but it didn't work so hopefully you'll see my comment here. How much are you wanting for them? You can email me too at keeponsmyelin@gmail.com.

Millie Killpack said...

So funny. I went to my Ikea today and saw them hanging on a display with a price tag. For the next hour+ I had 4 Ikea employees trying to figure out why they weren't listed. Anyway, they were going to let me buy the 1 panel off of the display. But one is no good to me. I too will be watching for them on ebay and such.

Millie Killpack said...

So funny. I went to my Ikea today and saw them hanging on a display with a price tag. For the next hour+ I had 4 Ikea employees trying to figure out why they weren't listed. Anyway, they were going to let me buy the 1 panel off of the display. But one is no good to me. I too will be watching for them on ebay and such.