Monday, September 28, 2009

Monkey Bread



I've been going through my countless photos trying to organize what pictures to put in this year's Blurb book. I came across a picture of the Monkey Bread I made just after Christmas last year. It is so ooey gooey good and really easy to make! The recipe doesn't call for it but I sprinkle on some chopped candied cherries and chopped pecans before putting it in the oven.

1 package Pillsbury Country Biscuits
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup butter
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons brown sugar (or 1/6 cup)

Take the package of biscuits (10 per roll) and cut each biscuit into 6 pieces. In a dish, mix together cinnamon and sugar. Roll biscuit pieces into the mixture to coat. Drop sugar-coated pieces into a well buttered loaf pan (don't squish roll pieces when placing them in the pan).

Put 1/6 cup (or 2 tbsp and 2 tsp) of the left-over sugar/cinnamon mix and the packed brown sugar and 1/3 cup of butter into a small saucepan. Bring this mixture just to a boil; remove from heat immediately. Carefully drizzle over the roll pieces.

Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.

Cool slightly in an upright position, then tip pan over onto a plate to remove monkey pull-apart bread.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

OMG, this looks incredible. I may have to try it this weekend--yum!