The best thing I ever did for myself when I was first diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis was to think positive and be strong. It was the start of a new beginning – the beginning of a life that I had no choice but to live. With no cure for MS, I put the focus on living life the best I could with what was given to me. I was given the chance to change the way people view MS – the chance to be a voice for millions already fighting the disease. So, here I am. Everyone will have a challenge in life regardless of how big or small – this is mine. While I can’t make myself better, I can help by spreading the word about Multiple Sclerosis.
Since May is MS Awareness Month, my challenge for all of you is to mention Multiple Sclerosis to as many people as you can. It's as simple as talking about it or adding it to your Facebook or Twitter status or send an email or text with a line as simple as May is Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month- www.mssociety.ca. You don’t have to try explaining what it is (unless you want to of course) but just make people aware. Just by getting the word out, you have helped that many more people. How easy is that? I'll tell you, a lot easier than having Multiple Sclerosis.
I think it would be pretty damn cool if someone made a video of people around the world shouting Multiple Sclerosis....kind of like the Where The Hell Is Matt? video. I watch it when I need a little extra sunshine in my day. It gives me a ray of hope – hope that one day there will be a cure for MS! If anyone every makes a video like that, let me know because I want in!!!
Thanks for helping be the voice of Multiple Sclerosis!
No comments:
Post a Comment