I haven't talked much about my MS lately. I think because I've been trying to hide behind the good to make me feel better, focusing on the positive things life brings my way. But, lately, the pain is getting to be too much. It started at the beginning of the year in my lower back, and that's where it has stayed. It comes and goes -- sometimes to the point where I can barely move. Lately, it has been constant. I went to the doctor, had an xray, bloodwork and bone scan -- all came back normal which is great but doesn't help understand why I'm having so much pain. That's when my doctor prescribed a medication to dull down the pain. It's the first medication of many that I've tried over the years that has actually worked some.
So, that's where I'm at with my MS. I'm still at the same place I have always been except with more pain. Thankfully, the major MS attacks I've had previously haven't showed their ugly face lately. Probably because I'm not working and can manage my MS better.
To keep up with the positive thinking, hope everyone has a joyous weekend! I know I will spending time with my family. Any fun things you'll be doing this weekend?
7 comments:
Sorry to hear you are having such pain. Thought of you lately and wondered how you were. I have been putting off filling my prescription for Copaxone. Been busy with a new baby....going to try and start a blog too!! LOL Heck what else is there to do on mat leave ;)
Karla
@Karla - I've been thinking of you too. Congratulations on your newest addition! Looking forward to reading your blog. Take Care!
you continue to amaze me with your positivity even through the tough, painful days. sending you lots of hugs...
Sorry it's been rough. :( My wife just got diagnosed with MS. She's getting a second opinion to be sure. We are trying for baby #3 (my wife's carrying this time) but the doctor said that if she's not pregnant within 6 months, she'll have to go on meds.
Sorry to hear about the pain :(
So, do you have any thoughts about the whole link with CCSVI and MS? Would you get tested for it? Cindy. xxx
@Stacey - Hope your wife is doing well. I'm sure she will have wonderful support! Great to hear about #3!
@Cindy - I'm not sure what to think about CCSVI. I think in-depth studies need to be completed to compile more thorough information before I can form a better opinion.
I know this is an old post but I like your attitude. I hope you did get better with the pain!
Post a Comment